Nottingham Clarion CC Forum Forum Index

<  Track Racing News & Results  ~  British Masters Track Champs 2019

john-o
Posted: Fri Jun 28, 2019 1:12 pm Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 27 May 2007 Posts: 1535 Location: Bingham
Well done to Paul Harwood for 6th place (I think) in his age group pursuit. Paul, it would be good to hear about it...

Also well done to second claim member John Hughes (also Sleaford) for 8th in the 500m TT. Having done some TP training with JH man 1 and me man 2, I can attest that he doesn't hang about over a lap or 2!

"Training is like fighting with a Gorilla. You don't stop when you're tired" Greg Henderson, TeamSky
ChrisHunt
Posted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 9:40 am Reply with quote
well done paul....did you go under 3 mins?

Posted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 7:18 pm Reply with quote
Thanks John and Chris,
just got back after 3 days at Newport, rode 500 mtr TT on Thurs finishing 5th.
Rode the sprint yesterday (friday) and after a poor flying 200 qualifying 6th, then lost round 1 to the guy who finished 3rd. Thought that was it, but no, I had to ride a repechage, which I foolishly won Rolling Eyes which put me back into the minor final ride off for 4th/5th/6th, after which I ended up 5th (again!). This whole process took all day and was probably not the best prep for the 2k pursuit, my main event today (Sat).
Felt surprisingly good this morning though, and having warmed up on the track decided to swap my 49 ring for a 50 ( having spent weeks deciding that 49 was defo the one!)
It paid off though, got my pacing right and finished strongly to almost catch my opponent with 2mins 53.0 secs and 4th fastest. Well chuffed Very Happy