Nottingham Clarion CC Forum Forum Index

<  Time Trial Racing News & Results  ~  Club TTs 2019

john-o
Posted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:05 pm Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 27 May 2007 Posts: 1532 Location: Bingham
I'm delighted (yes, delighted!) to announce the 2019 time trial events calendar!

All the info you need is on the club website: http://www.nottinghamclarion.co.uk/club-events

This includes the Medium Gear TTs, which this year are to be run on a SUNDAY this year - 4 rounds starting 10th March at 10:30

The evening 10s kick-off from 18th April + we're organising the National Clarion 50TT again on 2nd July and the National Clarion 3up TTT on 21st July (I'm looking for some team mates).

As ever, we need HELPERS. And if we don't get them, the events won't happen.

"Training is like fighting with a Gorilla. You don't stop when you're tired" Greg Henderson, TeamSky
F=ma
Posted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:37 pm Reply with quote
Hi John,

I’m happy to organise the timekeeping for the evening tens in May again.

I’ll probably have a go at the Club 50.

I’m also happy to join you in the National Clarion 3up. One more needed. Maybe Simon Cooper or Rob Saunders?

Chris

Last edited by F=ma on Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

aka F=ma. For an object if high mass (m), it takes a lot of force (F) to create any acceleration (a) - except when going downhill!
MikeC
Posted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:06 am Reply with quote
Is the tour of the vale 25 on this year. Everybody loves Clawson hill in a TT
Volante
Posted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:30 pm Reply with quote
Thank you JohnO for posting the calendar.

Please note: The Open 50 is on Sunday, 02 June Smile

HELPERS will be needed for all the events.

Shortly, a rota will be published where volunteers can put their name down for the Medium Gears and Evening 10s.

Be warned: If sufficient helpers have not signed up the evening before, the TT will be cancelled.

On the mountains of truth you can never climb in vain: either you will reach a point higher up today, or you will be training your powers so that you will be able to climb higher tomorrow. [Friedrich Nietzsche]
AnthonyJ
Posted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:56 pm Reply with quote
Ace. Thanks john.

For organising, there is a Spreadsheet that John has sorted in a GMail Public Share. Anyone with the Link can have access to it..... no passwords, just click, add your name.

The idea is people put their names on it. If by Wednesday night we (Our Club) don't have enough names on it, then it will be cancelled.

I reckon it will work a treat.

i also hope our Clawson 25 TT is on Mike, not because I have won it, but because its actually a really great route. I think Francis has pencilled it in the on the 9th July...I still think we need an athletes trophy for that one, and maybe contact OVB et al, as our own attendance is a bit slim.... it seems only the true hard core fans of hurting themselves turn up for that.
Volante
Posted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:53 am Reply with quote
Hi,

I have opened a topic for the Medium Gear and the link to the aforementioned spreadsheet can be found there.

For the Medium Gear: If not enough helpers have signed up by Saturday evening, the event will be cancelled for the Sunday. Notifications will be posted in the thread.

On the mountains of truth you can never climb in vain: either you will reach a point higher up today, or you will be training your powers so that you will be able to climb higher tomorrow. [Friedrich Nietzsche]